Secretary for School Counseling/Guidance Office
12 month position (preferred)
Middle / High School Building
Qualifications: Genesee County Civil Service – Clerk Typist or Secretary Eligibility
Salary: Negotiable based on experience – minimum of $29,500
Medical/RX Benefits available
NYS Retirement membership
Applications due October 19, 2022
Start date on or before November 2, 2022
- Assist counselors and/or other faculty members with the following tasks:
- Create parent portal accounts and providing support as needed.
- Ensure that there is adequate coverage for teacher absences, CSE Meetings, Vertical team meetings, etc. using our substitute system and/or teacher availability as necessary.
- Verify substitute attendance and/or teacher coverage to ensure they are paid accordingly.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Grade reporting, report card verifications and distribution.
- Master schedule maintenance/posting and maintenance of student permanent record cards.
- Ensure that records are received by prior school and sent to new schools for any students who enter or move out of the school and complete appropriate paperwork as needed.
- Year-end processing of student management system.
- Printing student schedules and distributing them as needed.
- Assigning lockers and maintain list of combinations.
- Tracking tutoring sessions, assist with ISS.
- Promotion and notification of available scholarships, internships, apprenticeships, camps and other information to students.
- Homework and/or records requests, maintaining permanent record cards, prepare and distribute transcripts, honor roll certificates, track failing grade lists, etc.
- Track and coordinate awards and scholarships for awards program and graduation.
Apply by completing the Civil Service application below and email to email@example.com or return via US Mail to:
Pavilion Central School District
Attn: Mary Jo Pahl
7014 Big Tree Road
Pavilion, NY 14525
If you have any questions, contact Mary Jo at 585-584-1013